Saturday, May 17, 2014

A Few Spring Reviews

Back in March, I posted a few of my picks from J.Crew's early spring roll-out. A few months have rolled by and here are a few reviews of the items I tried on, or purchased.

1. The Stretch Eyelet Dress:

I purchased this dress a few weeks ago, for the Web Series premiere of The New Adventures of Peter and Wendy. Since this was a "green-carpet" event, I needed something that looked pulled together and skated the line between dressy and casual. I was pleasantly surprised with this dress and managed to get it at quite a discount in store. It fit perfectly, I took my normal J. Crew size 8, and I found the fabric to be fitted but forgiving. It is the perfect little black dress and I will be happy to keep it in my wardrobe for years to come. 

Here is a photo of my husband and I from the event:

The Stretch Eyelet dress is still available online, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone needing a cute dress that is versatile. 

2. J. Crew Pink Floral shorts:

I loved these online, and fell in love with them even more, once I tried them on. I am not generally a big fan of pink, but the print on these shorts is vibrant, unique and lovely:



The fabric is mid-weight cotton, and the fit for me was great. I bought my normal size eight in these shorts, and found they fit true to size. I love it when J.Crew carries their print-shorts in a wearable 4 inch length!  So many times, the cute summer and spring shorts are only 3 inches long, which I don't always feel comfortable wearing. Home run on these shorts! These are sold out online, and I am glad I grabbed them when I did. 

3. Raglan Blue Floral Popover:

This was a pass for me. I tried it on in store, and I found that it ran large and that it was not flattering on my body. I was a bit disappointed, since I loved the print. The fabric was a little stiff and itchy as well.  I am hoping that this print makes a come back for J.Crew Factory in a more flattering blouse or a skirt would be even better.

4. Stripe Back-Zip Dress:




This was another purchase for me. I tried on a version of this dress last summer and it was not flattering. The stretch material showed every bump, that I did not want to emphasized.  This year's version, is completely different and was very flattering. I sized down in this dress, from my normal size eight to a size six, since it ran a little big. The stretch fabric was not working against me, and I like the exposed zipper on the back. It has been HOT in Los Angeles this week, and I am looking forward to wearing this very soon. Here is how I plan to style it:



I have a few items on the way from the newest roll out, and will post more reviews once they have arrived.
Hope everyone is enjoying the lovely spring weather. I am looking forward to the heat wave ending, and more enjoyable sunny days, as it cools down a bit. Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment