Saturday, March 2, 2013

In-Store Reviews Spring 2013

I made it in to J. Crew today, and tried on a few of the new spring arrivals. My store was offering the secret   20% off promo in store, which was a great incentive to shop. I am so glad that I did an in store visit! It really helped to see things in person, and changed what I would have ordered had I gone my usual online purchase route.

First the Pink Peony tee...beautiful print! Really lovely, but very see-through!!! I tried it on with my nude bra underneath, and you could still see a little too much skin for my comfort.  And, the linen fabric was snagged on both medium tees that were left in my size. So, I passed! If this comes back in a 100% cotton fabric for J. Crew Factory, I would definitely consider trying it again, since the flower print is really spectacular.  I know it has worked for some bloggers, but I am not one of them.

The elbow sleeve anchor tee, was great! Loved it and picked it up. Very cute! Not much of a surprise, I guess. I need another stripe tee, like I need a hole in my head. But, I know it will get lots of wear. :)

The indigo popover blouse, pictured below, is very cute in person. It is a lighter color then I expected though and not a deep blue as pictured on the site .The fabric was much heavier then I thought it would be too. I did like it, and considered picking it up, but I think I will wait until it goes on sale. The fabric is a bit thick for the sunny weather in Los Angeles. It's 80 degrees here today, and it made me hot. So pass for now!


Next, I tried on and purchased the Loden Peasant top in Liberty Fabric. Beautiful print! It runs a little large, so I would suggest sizing down. I am a sucker for Liberty of London items, and happy to add a new shirt to my collection. :)


Finally, I picked up the Kaleidoscope Scarf for a great price..$39! I have had my eye on this for a while and cannot wait to wear it. :)

I came home with some lovely things and am looking forward to wearing them during this beautiful LA weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment